Pages

Search by artist, title or related text (try!)

Sunday 1 August 2010

Chris Rainbow - Looking Over My Shoulder (1978)


Whatever happened to..  This guy made two wonderful albums (this one and "Home of the Brave" posted previously) for Polydor in the 70's.  He was particularly loved by Kenny Everett and the late Roger Scott on Capital Radio (London) which is where I first heard him.  He used multi layered/tracked harmonies of his own voice to create a real Beach Boys-like sound (his tribute to Brian Wilson "Dear Brian" is perfect).  Turntable hits of "Solid State Brain" "Give Me What I Cry For" and "All Night" are also included on this very worthwhile immaculate pop album.  But what did Chris do next...?


As far as I know you can't get any CR stuff on CD not even in compilation

Polydor - 2383 467

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I have the album, but I'd like to get it on CD. It's such a big piece of our past together. It's such a lovely album, I can't understand why it hasn't been re released on CD.
    I'm pleased that there are others out there who appreciate his time and space too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally managed to post a track here "Allnight" is one of my favourites. I have seen that there is a compilation now available on CD (although mostly out of stock at Amazon so far - but there's hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You maybe already know but...
    - Home of the brave (Polydor 75)
    - Looking over my shoulder (Polydor 78)
    - White trails (EMI 79)
    ...have all been reissued on CD in Japan.
    - The Chris Rainbow Anthology 1974-1981 (2xCD on Vital Spark Records 2001)
    Geo, Spain

    ReplyDelete